Home Manager. Momma. Hairstylist. Artist. Lover. Fighter. Everything and anything.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas, Christmas time is here, time for joy and time for cheer


Christmas went exceptionally well all things considered (my father couldn't be bothered to wake up to watch Pinxit open her gifts, eat Christmas breakfast with us that we made for everyone, or even say Merry Christmas). Because of my super savvy shopping skills, in the month of December we only spent $50 (of our own - family sent money as well) on Pinxit; everything else she got was either handmade or previously purchased. Way to go me! Hah.



As for Emmanuel and myself, we basically just bought ourselves things (on his parents behalf, and with our own money), which included things like headphones, books, nail polish, hair colour, and lots of clothes. Well potentially lots of clothes. This has been a pain in the butt… We made two purchases online where we saved a ridiculous amount of money (I myself got over $300 worth of clothing for like $115 I think it was), but we've been having huge issues with the shipping company. 



Our packages arrived from the states before Christmas(I was amazed that their two day "get it in time for Christmas" shipping even applied to Canada), but we were visiting a friend on the 22nd and 23rd, and were not informed of our duty fees, so we didn't leave money with my brothers at the house. Well we tried everything we could to get it in time for Christmas with no luck. We contacted DHL and had them forward the parcels onto my father-in-laws house 9 hours away, which they said they would likely arrive by the 27th. My package did not arrive till the 30th (yesterday), and we are now at my mother-in-laws place (not the same city), and Emmanuel's package didn't even leave Ottawa - they actually tried delivering it to our place in Ottawa again yesterday… Oh, and the delivery guy didn't even have change for the duty, so we have to contact customs if we want to attempt to get it back… I personally will not be shipping with DHL ever again, and when we purchase from this site again, I will specially request they ship with another company, even if that means I have to pay for my shipping (orders over $100 receive free shipping). 



Best part, I packed 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants for my trip, knowing I had to bring back everything I purchased, so I haven't had clean clothes for several days now. At least I packed enough underwear and socks… Hopefully once I do get the items at least a few fit. I intentionally purchased some things with the intent to 'shrink' into them with weight loss, something to look forward to I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment